Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oregon Camping: Wet but Fun



Mary pretty much got it all. Let me elaborate on what she meant by my name getting us "the best camping spot." I went up to the window to pay the park ranger for our night at the campgrounds we were staying at. He asked for my last name and I said Hess. He thought this was fantastic because his best friend (and ex-girlfriend, but don't worry, its all good) was a Hess. Then he went on about Austria and Germany and the origination of the name and so on and so forth. He then asked my first name and I said, you know, Marie. Oh, that was my grandmother's name, he said! So he gave us a wink and what he said was the most desirable spot in the whole campground.

Yeaah, its good to be me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ocean equals good.
so, it must be good to be you. eh?
i wish i could have been there.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, camping... Well you don't get camp spots like that here in Nevada. One time I got some free drinks at a party because I had the same name as the owner of the house and because I had two first names as a full name, anyways to make a long story short I got drinks.