Monday, April 30, 2007

My five minutes of high school


Liz and I have begun to look at new apartments and today I went and looked at one on SW 16th and Salmon. I hadn't realized until I got there that it was right next to a high school. Class must have been getting out as I stood there waiting for Angus (No joke - that was his name). Students trickled by gabbering on about their crushes, detention duties and parents catching them with booze. After about five minutes I wanted to run away screaming. I'm very glad to be done with high school.

The apartment was also a flop. We climbed into the original 1902 elevator and it wouldn't go up because Angus was too large. (And he had one wonky eye.) The inside was historic and magical, but in a falling apart and might collapse at any moment sort of way. I imaged that if I were a 1920's private detective I would want to set up shop there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah i'm also so glad i'm done with highschool. kellan and james (academy dudes) are still in the midst of it and i just laugh. hahaha highschool. (like that)
we'll find the perfect place. it will be perfect in all ways.